Ericsson Region sub-Saharan Africa is the leading supplier of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators in sub-Saharan Africa. It currently holds about 50 percent market share in the GSM space, covering 43 African countries with close to 60 mobile and over 20 fixed-operators as customers.
Headquartered in South Africa and supported by regional hubs in Nigeria, Senegal and Kenya, Ericsson RSSA currently employs over 1000 people in the Region.
Ericsson has accomplished a long list of African telecommunication firsts, including the first WCDMA phone call, HSDPA deployment, full business case for a new GSM/GPRS network operator, and implementation of managed services for a 3G network.
Ericsson’s involvement in the region spans the full spectrum of telecoms, from managed services and infrastructure to value-added services. By driving the development of third-generation mobile networks, Ericsson aims to put the internet within reach of many Africans for the first time.
- Global Client Partner
- Senior Manager, Consumer System Support
- Product Manager
- Senior Manager: Finance Service Delivery
- National Accounts Manager
- Specialist: International Traffic
- Specialist International Roaming
- General Manager: Commercial Management
- Senior Manager, Maintenance Management, Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- Senior Specialist - System Integration