The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a Centre of excellence in African trade matters” by playing a supporting role in the management of the Bank’s Agency & Security Trustee functions in line with the policies laid down by senior management, in order to ensure smooth and uninterrupted syndicated loan arrangements.
Nature & scope
The role of the position holder will be to provide administrative/operational support to the Agency and Security Trustee Line of business of the Bank’s syndicated lending activities. The job holder assists in the implementation of laid out policies and procedures for this function.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide support to the Line of business with respect to account opening, set-up of agency systems and on-boarding of transactions once financial close is achieved.
2. Provide support to the Line of business on borrowers’ requests including amendment, waivers, restructuring, events of defaults, prepayment etc. and the syndication processes.
3. Provide operations/administrative support for syndicated deals from Agency/Security Trustee perspectives including drawdowns, rollovers, prepayments, cancellations, rollover/rate fixing etc.
4. Immediately financial close is achieved, diarize the various information undertakings in the Facility Agreement for follow-up with the borrower.
5. Assist with following up with the borrower with respect to the compliance with the information undertakings in the Facility Agreement including receipt of the various documents – financials, budgets, operations report etc. according to the timelines, including uploading of same on debt domain and then advise to the syndicate of lenders.
6. Provide support with receipt of all security documents and that they are in accordance with agreed terms. Same properly filled, retrieved appropriately and returned to the borrower at the expiry of the facility.
7. Provide support in the preparation of portfolio reports including discrepancies and possible breaches.
8. Provide support on the maintenance and monitoring of the loan security and periodic reporting as required under the Bank’s policies.
9. Liaise with systems vendors to resolve issues.
10. Provide administrative and absence cover for the Assistant Manager – Agency & Security Trustee Line of business.
11. Any other assignment that would be assigned by Senior Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• At least, a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field from a recognized University or other disciplines relevant to the position. A postgraduate degree is an added advantage
• At least, three years’ experience in the financial services industry, especially in the Agency & Security Trustee areas, Syndications or Loan Administration;
• Excellent communication, time management skills
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
• Strong Excel, Word, IT skills and ability to multitask