Derrickman & Ass. Derrickman
The Derrickman aligns and manipulates sections of pipe or drill stem from a platform on the rig derrick during the removal and replacement of strings of pipe, or drill stem and drill bit
DEPARTMENT AND LOCATION
- A Derrickman/Ass. Derrickman need relevant practice from semi-submersible or drillship. Furthermore he should be a trained Roughneck with minimum 6 months practise in this position.
- He shall have a valid health certificate.
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written. If working in Africa or South America, Spanish or Portuguese can compensate for lack of English language. However, instructions and professional communication in English will be minimum requirements.
- Angolan nationality or resident card
- The Derrickman’s/Ass. Derrickman’s overall responsibilities/duties are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Work as directed by his immediate superior.
- Maintain working areas, tools, equipment and safety harnesses in a safe, clean, tidy and orderly manner.
- Be familiar with the entire mud system, the safe operation and maintenance of same.
- Be familiar with the pipe-racking system and how to properly operate same
- Be familiar with pipe tripping operations and how to safely handle and operate all tools and equipment.
- Keep up the mud pump log reports on his shift.
- Keep the Driller informed as to the consistency of the mud and the general condition of the pumps and mud room.
- Be safety conscious in all his work and behaviour and use compulsory protective equipment
- Report any and all safety hazards to his immediate superior.
- Ensure all orders received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to at all times.
- Participate in all safety drills and safety meetings held onboard
- Be familiar with all the relevant work- and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig AS and by the Operator, and promote the implementation of same.
- Be familiar with the alarm instructions/”Station Bill” and accordingly know his lifeboat position and other applicable duties during safety drills and in an emergency situation.
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed
GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
- If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.