Their mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available. In as much as they are a commercial, for profit organization, they also strive to have the maximum social, economic and environmental impact possible on the communities in which they operate. In this respect, they have strong working relationships with Government of Rwanda and reputable NGO’s.
Africa Improved Foods(AIF) Rwanda Ltd is looking for Maintenance Manager.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be required to develop, implement and realize the maintenance plan, within the manufacturing plan and within the corporate requirements and guidelines, and develop, structure and manage the maintenance organization, in order to guarantee the integrity, the required availability and reliability of the production facilities at predefined costs in a SHE responsible manner.
Key Areas of Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of the manufacturing plan, in cooperation with the management team members.
- Define and implement the maintenance plan including preventive and predictive maintenance plans, in line with the agreed manufacturing plan, in order to ensure maximum availability of the production facilities, on the short and the long term.
- Manage and monitor the execution of the maintenance plan and take corrective actions, in order to achieve the results.
- Define and implement performance indicators and ensure periodical reporting of actual performance against predefined targets.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are executed in a technically sound, safe and environmentally acceptable manner, by complying with all relevant external and AIF requirements and practices.
- Select, contract, steer, guide and evaluate external contractors for executing maintenance activities.
- Identify opportunities for reliability improvements, define projects to realize them and manage the execution of these projects.
- Stimulate continuous improvement in the maintenance organization and define and execute operational improvement programs.
- Maintain all contacts with relevant OEM’s
- Secure that the right competences are present in the maintenance team
The Successful Applicant Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Holds a MSc in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or a related field with a focus on food technology
- 20+ years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager in a relevant industry eg: food processing, dairy, nutritional food, cereal processing
- Hard core and all round maintenance experience in both mechanical and electric field
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Good communication and social skills
- Ability to generate new ideas that work
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficient knowledge of the English language is a ‘must’
- Experience of using ‘Bhuler’s food processing equipment is essential