The Rig Mechanic shall be liaising with the Assistant Technical Section Leader regarding equipment repairs, maintenance and planning so as to minimise the risk of delay through equipment breakdown or downtime.
DEPARTMENT AND LOCATION
- The Rig Mechanic shall, as a minimum, have served a recognised Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent. Should have served in a similar position for a number of years and be familiar with all aspects of maintenance on technical equipment on rigs.
- He shall have a valid health certificate.
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Other qualification requirement as per the training matrix for the local area of operations.
- Fluent Portuguese
- Angolan nationality or resident card
- The Rig Mechanic’s overall responsibilities/activities are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following;
- Familiarise himself with all mechanical equipment, especially drilling related, and maintain/repair as instructed by his superior.
- Liaising with the Assistant Technical Section Leader regarding equipment repairs, maintenance and planning so as to minimise the risk of delay through equipment breakdown or downtime.
- Perform regular inspection of all Drilling machinery.
- Immediately rectifying or reporting to the Assistant Technical Section Leader / Toolpusher or Driller any defects or discrepancies in drilling equipment or associated equipment.
- Responsibility for care and maintenance of all mechanical tools and workshops equipment
- Prepare ordering of mechanical maintenance / breakdown / spares
- Maintain his working area in a clean and tidy condition and free from any safety hazards.
- Familiarise himself with reporting routines regarding the EDP based maintenance system on board.
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills.
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to.
- Familiarise himself with all relevant work- and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig AS and by the Operator, and promote implementation of same.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents, non-conformances and safety hazards to his immediate superior.
- Be safety conscious in all his work and use compulsory protective equipment.
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed.
- Inform his supervisor of any suggestion to make a safer working environment to make a more efficient operation of the unit
GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
- If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.