GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Professional Service Engineering service on the full maintenance cycle from development of scopes of work, spares identification, inputs into planning, execution of scope, close out, routine maintenance monitoring for input into the next cycle scope of work, and the development of Service Engineering skills and experience to ensure plant availability, reliability and performance improvements on Turbine Centerline, Feed Pump Turbines Etc. This is a Fixed Term Role based in South Africa.
• Evaluate and interpret technical reports, specifications and deviations and make recommendations on repair procedures, scopes of work and instructions timely.
• Compilation of engineering specific work instructions, procedures and specifications
• Review and Authorize technical work instructions
• Technical development and improvement of procedures, quality plans and maintenance plan
• Review of previous problem areas and solutions required and incorporate into quality plans
• Technical development and improvement of contract plans, scopes of work, procedures, quality and maintenance plans
• Investigate and develop improved and alternative repair and refurbishment processes and methods
• Perform technical investigations and root cause analyses and report. Recommendations to be backed up with technical calculations, references, etc.
Provide a quality engineering service
• Ensure Quality Planning in accordance with scopes of work
• Ensure that the quality plans developed by the Technician is in according to the scopes of work for acceptance by the Client
• Ensure quality plans are in sufficient detail in order to control the execution process and makes reference to relevant processes, procedures and specifications.
• Ensure that check sheets are correct, current and approved in accordance with documented OEM and Customer specifications.
• Establish Internal Engineering Hold and Witness points on quality plans on site as well as in the
• Works and at Subcontractors
• Ensure Quality plans in place for Site, Works, Subcontractors and Customer supplied items
• Ensure Quality is controlled during execution
• Ensure correct handling of PQP’s and check sheets in accordance with company procedures
• Ensure clean conditions is managed according to procedure
• Ensure that the floor plan is in place and managed accordingly
• Ensure that all work carried out will be in accordance with the approved quality plan.
• Ensure adherence to quality through technical vigilance and good engineering practices, follow through on deviations reported to ensure corrective action implemented
• Ensure out of specification plant identified and corrective scopes recommended
• Ensure initial fact finding results obtained and recommendation on corrective scopes of work submitted in writing to the Project Manager to obtain Customer approval
• Out of specification sizes referred to the Service Engineer to be followed up with recommended scopes of work and technical notifications to Clients
• Technical notifications to be followed through and closed out
Ensure the development and enhancement of service engineering skills
• Provide practical hands on training on technical activities including; scopes of work, dismantling, inspection & reporting, refurbishment, reassembly, alignment, commissioning, and return to service.
• Transfer of technical know-how, information, experience and skills engineers
• Give input to enhance engineers development programs.
Customer and Interdepartmental
• Liaise closely with the customer turbine engineering representative and OEM representative in all areas of the project relative to area of responsibility.
• Liaise with clients and site staff regarding improvement of plant availability, reliability and performance.
Ensure compliance with safety health environment and quality
• Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Rotek Engineering SHE System requirements.
• Ensure compliance with the Eskom Plant Safety Regulations.
• Stop unsafe work activities and report to the Project / Site Manager for rectification.
• Ensure rigging activities are performed in accordance with rigging procedures.
• Ensure continuous control and maintenance of ISO Quality system in accordance with the BMS.
• 10 years’ relevant experience
• 5 years’ experience on Alstom equipment
• Diploma or degree in relevant engineering field
• Must be fully literate in English, in reading, writing and speaking, with technical report writing skills and able to communicate in English at all times
• Conversant with ISO 9002 and Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Computer Skills, in MS Office, Windows and MS Projects
• Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
• Above average interpersonal skills, communication and leadership skills
• Strong Customer orientation