As a Service Sales Specialist, you will drive service sales process in collaboration with the Sales Manager and/or Service Manager. Generate service sales opportunities and secure sales within the designated area(s).
Focus on installed base penetration (IB) and sell the product portfolio in collaboration with other ABB service units. Build long term customer and ensure immediate response to specific customer needs and issues.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
1. Service Sales Delivery: Collaborating with the Service Sales Manager and/or Service Manager implements Service sales strategy. Penetrating IB, promoting various upgrade, retrofit and value add solutions to the benefit of the customer and ABB. Understanding the channel strategy and the
establishment of related prices and preparing sales plans, reviewing them and proposing recovery
plan(s) when needed. Regularly updating installed base in ServIS (the approved Service database)
with the changes made at site.
2. Volume and Profit: Utilizing ServIS to understand the existing installed base (IB) and identifies and
developing sales opportunities for Service products and solutions to penetrate the existing IB/new IBs in the market. Focusing on the entire Service portfolio to secure profit for assigned Business
3. New Opportunities: Generating Service sales leads and develops new market opportunities by
utilizing market trend information, identifying and exploring potential new service portfolios. Taking a
One ABB approach to leverage other colleagues’ portfolios.
4. Customer Approach: Establishing long term customer relationships by understanding customer
requirements and applicable regulations and demonstrating in-depth technical service product/solutions knowledge to promote Life Cycle Management (LCM). Registering customer feedback and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the sales process.
5. Sales Process: Selling entire service product portfolio to expand ABB footprint in the designated
area(s). Charting out and monitoring sales proposals, tenders and following up proposal statistics.
Preparing ABB’s Service offerings based on customer need and in coordination with the local Service Sales Manager and/or Service Manager. Communicating contract details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy. Managing administrative sales processes.
6. One ABB: Cooperating and coordinating activities with other ABB units and teams to harmonize
Service activities and maximizing Service sales at every opportunity. Ensuring the transfer of Service
findings to the product/system Local Business Units for improvement of their offerings.
As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
with 5 years of experience in a multinational organization experience is preferred.
Good communication skills with ability to communicate and to lead discussions with employees and
managers in the organization. Candidate should be willing to travel.
Proficiency in both spoken & written English is required.