Our client is looking for a Sourcing Manager.
Report to the CEO, you will lead a Purchasing team (strategic sourcing, buying, call off) and connects this all with a solid set of KPI that drives low cost, high reliability and continuous improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement a sourcing strategy that ensures sustainability of supplies of key raw materials especially maize and soybean. This includes effective and efficient implementation and management of a primary procurement network consisting of small holder farmers/cooperatives, the company collection centers, commercial farms, local/regional aggregators, international traders.
- Ensure execution of the process of local, regional and international purchases of all raw material (maize, soya, skimmed milk powder, sugar, soya oil, vitamins & minerals), packaging material, and other materials (from procurement planning to receipt of goods). Prepares and manages strategic supply contracts within the agreed mandate.
- Ensure appropriate bidding documents; including specific procurement notices, standard contracts for goods and services, invitations for bids, etc.;
- Executes strategic supplier qualification and Evaluates supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements
- Ensure smooth coordination of local/regional/international transport, freight insurances and the process of clearing at the customs by clearance Agents
- Ensures availability of monthly and annual procurement reports (in comparison to budget).
- Supervisory responsibilities: manage, mentors, coaches and supervises the work of staff along the Maize and Soya supply chain, procurement manager, contract manager, logistic coordinator and indirect goods buyer.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Procurement/logistic team, Operations team, Finance team, Management Team
- External: Local/regional/international vendors, cooperatives, commercial farmers, Ministry of Agriculture Rwanda, local authorities, Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA), Customs, insurance companies, transport companies, lawyers, Rwanda Utility Regulatory Agency (RURA)
The Successful Applicant Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- A minimum Master Degree in Supply Chain or Management, or similar degree. Emphasis on procurement is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in procurement, setting procurement strategies, driving cost savings and improving terms and conditions, in an international company, public sector or international business environment with a proven track record.
- Experience with sourcing agricultural commodities from small holder farmers, setting up and managing a broad network of collection/aggregation centers
- A mature and professional individual with high personal integrity
- Sound understanding of Customs’ procedures and processes
- Proven attention to details and strong organizational management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with government agents, local/regional/international partners.
- Familiar with Rwanda and East African Community (EAC) market, trade policies and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural collaborative/team environment
- Very good English in writing and speaking. A good knowledge of French, Kinyarwanda, Swahili or Amharic speaking and reading is an advantage.
- Resourceful, self-driven, proactive and independent worker, ability to work with a minimum of supervision