The Specialist will be responsible for the following; ensuring the full integration and testing of new Roaming Networks, will also be responsible for supporting and seamless clearing of all reported subscriber faults related to international roaming
- 1st Line support for all international roaming subscriber problems.
- 8620 Roaming Tester
- Assist International Roaming Subscribers/International SMS
- Auditing of MSC/STP Roaming database – once every quarter
- Conducted research on roaming enhancements.
- Ensure implementation of MSC/STP database configurations and software changes with new Roaming Networks.
- High level support for all international roaming subscriber problems. High level support for roaming departments within the Vodacom environment
- International SMS/SMS Applications support.
- Perform IREQ tests according to GSM IR24 documentation and Roaming tests according to IRP test documentation.
- Updating of GSM IR24 documentation.
- Understanding of the telecommunications landscape
- Understanding of customer requirements
- Team dynamics
- Understanding of business landscape
- Understanding of the Value Chain Analysis with regards to various customer businesses.
- Understanding of technical concepts and the ability to communicate it as viable appealing market offerings
- A good knowledge of the GSM network.
- International Roaming background would be an advantage.
- Roaming Tester Functionality.
- GSM MSC database configuration.
Job Related Skills:
- GSM network.
- Policies and procedures.
- Signalling – Protocols.
- Switching Configuration.
- Fault Management.
- Computer applications.
- Problem Solving & Analysis skills.
- Decision making.
- Multi Tasking.
- Stress Management.
- Analytical thinking
- Matric with a 3 Year degree or diploma in IT or engineering related fields or/and N6/T3/S4 *essential*
- 3 years or more experience in GSM support environment, particularly the Telephony Switching SSS operational environment is essential.
- Proven sound practical GSM EWSD SSS Network database experience is a prerequisite.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Experience in office administration is preferred.
- Proven sound Customer Relations Experience is preferred.