The Subsea Operations Engineer is a position in the Projects & Engineering team and will report to the Subsea Projects Manager providing support to Operations for two key projects
The primary role of the Subsea Operation Engineer is to provide engineering support to assure the ‘safe, compliant, and reliable’ planning and execution. The primary day to day work responsibility of the position is;
- The day to day management of onshore & offshore operation related to the Subsea infrastructure.
- The day to day management of sub-contractors working in conjunction withthe subsea operational team.
- All operational matters relating to the deepwater subsea production systemwith hardware including trees, manifolds, PLET’s, jumpers, flying leads, pipelines and associated equipment.
- Work in conjunction with the Projects, LCV & IMR Leads to schedule upcoming work.
- Ensuring the safety and operational risk agenda of each onshore and offshore work site is delivered and assuring the operation takes place within the Tullow Standards and Practices requirements.
- Create & review operation risk assessment for all operational task and address and resolve any non-compliance issues.
- Ensure Conformance with the Company’s EHS Management System process throughout all subsea operations.
- Prepare installation operation procedures in sufficient detail to examine the potential risks and hazards involved during the installation activities.
- Liaise with Third Party suppliers on Subsea Engineering issues and ensure their compliance.
- Provide technical input to Operation and Installation Program.
- Ensure all Operational lessons learned are captured, communicated and improvements implemented in a timely manner.
- Interface with Subsea & Operations Team to ensure alignment and deliverables are ready when needed.
- Support installation and construction activities by providing knowledge based contact in support of operations.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and training of nationals in the subsea engineering roles and responsibilities.
- As required, mentor & coach all other members of Subsea Operation team in relation to Systems services & engineering.
- Provide expertise on for operational trouble shooting of subsea systems during offshore installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Implementation of all future MCS Software upgrades.
- Maintain CCR operator are provided training and competency checks to ensure operation of equipment meets Tullow standards
- Coordinate between Contractor and Company project personnel as and when required, on new equipment supply, installation and commissioning operations.
- Participate in reviews of operational and safety nature such as HAZOPS, HAZIDS, CWOPs startup reviews, operations reviews, etc.
- 5 years of project experience in subsea controls-specific and project management and execution experience required.