We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Manager for an International Industrial Company. The role will be based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
The Supply Chain Manager will manage the teams responsible for the sourcing, purchasing, Logistics & Supply Chain of all the company’s products and services within Nigeria. He /She defines and monitors the indicators / targets for effective operations. Coordinates activities between Supply Chain and Production ensuring synergies and efficiency of operations.
The Successful Applicant Must Have The Following Experience:
- 8+ years Logistics & Supply Chain experience
- Procurement systems & procedures
- Import & Export
- Projects work – anchor for road safety and efficiency project
- Solid understanding of supply chain process & systems
- Experience of Logistics and Cylinder Management would be advantageous
Lays down and implements processes for the efficient supply of goods and services needed to run the subsidiary;
- Optimizes procurement and supply costs;
- Optimizes stock management;
- Guarantees the protection of stock quality and integrity;
- Ensures reliability, security and regular customer deliveries, in compliance with safety regulations, environmental quality and control in the area of transport logistics;
- Is responsible for optimizing logistics processes, and monitors delivery transport costs, optimizes cylinder rotation;
- Ensures tracking and recovery of Cylinders
Stocks and purchasing management policy
- Implements the subsidiary’s purchasing and stocks management, and ensures that it is understood and applied by all involved;
- Initiates and works on developments in his area of operation, depending on expected market trends
- Sets out purchasing procedures in line with the company’s policy and ensures their application;
- Based on purchasing specifications, conducts critical needs analysis, identifies needs not expressed and proposes solutions;
- Builds up supply by proposing optimal alternative solutions;
- Has good knowledge of the market and suppliers. Ensures that supplier services are in line with regulations and that suppliers meet their commitments (time, cost, quality) to internal customers;
- Anticipates and integrates market trends and develops purchases;
- Supervises management of accounts payable and negotiates in advance, the possible extension of credit;
- Sets forth and updates the selection and evaluation criteria for suppliers, and ensures proper application of the relevant procedures.
Supply and Transit
- Thorough knowledge of logistics used to convey goods to their final destination;
- Ensures that our import export operations are in line with local regulations in force;
- Optimises logistics in terms of reliability, cost and time.
Security and Risk Control
- Sees to availability of customer delivery protocols. Trains and creates awareness among his team and drivers about risk management culture;
- Is involved in drawing up and implementing security programme in his area of operation;
- Conducts regular transport audits and formulates progress plans of action;
- Anticipates security lapses.
- Anchor for Road Safety programme
- Monitors tracking, recovery and optimization of cylinder rotation;
- Organizes and supervises recovery operations of inactive cylinders;
- Assesses cylinder requirements, in order to meet demand of direct customers, the distribution and production network, and optimizes the stock tool required for each of them;
- Initiates and justifies requests for investments in new cylinders.
Stock management and protection
- Guarantees adherence to procedures and rules laid down for stock management and protection and ensures that they are in line with company policy;
- Ensures that all parametres for stock management are valid and updated regularly
- Is responsible for physical stock inventory and validates inventory variance following justification;
- Ensures that quality and quantity of articles in stock match the needs of internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate must have B.SC /Master’s Degree in Engineering. With hands on experience with Logistics, manufacturing and Supply Chain. Experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Food & Beverage industries will be a plus. This role will be based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and open to candidates willing to relocate.