The Tourpusher mainly assists the Rig drilling Ssuperintendent in his/hers responsibilities.
- The Tourpusher needs minimum 4 years practice as Driller. Furthermore, he must have completed training for the Tourpusher position.
- He shall have a valid Well Control certificate (IWCF, Sub Sea Supervisor level), and a valid health certificate.
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Fluent Portuguese
- Angolan nationality or resident card
- Assist the Rig Drilling Superintendent in his functions.
- Familiarize himself with all drilling and drilling related equipment, systems, manuals and procedures.
- Supervise his drilling crew in order to ensure that the drilling operation is carried out in accordance with safe practice and operational procedures.
- Ensure that BOP drills and pit level drills etc. are carried out in accordance with, Ocean Rig Procedures, regulations laid down by Government authorities or Operating company.
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment.
- Ensure that all new employees are given the necessary instructions in how to operate (on-the-job training) the equipment and systems within their area of work.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard in all drilling related areas.
- Ensure that personnel under his supervision possess the necessary qualifications and experience to properly carry out the work assigned to them from a professional as well as a safety point of view.
- Supervise and ensure that the planned maintenance program for the drilling equipment is carried out as planned.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the other section leaders and with the Operator’s representative.
- Participate in safety meetings and have special safety meetings with his drilling crew whenever necessary.
- Ensure that the orders given are understood and that they will be carried out in compliance with applicable procedures, rules and regulations.
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed.
- Participate in safety drills held onboard.
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig and by the Operator, and promote the implementation of same.
- Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
- If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.