Person Specification/Job Requirements
- 15+ years in the Oil and Gas industry, preferably with an Oil and Gas service company or capital equipment provider. Previous Africa experience is essential
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel to and within Africa.
- Extensive network of Oil and Gas customer contacts in Africa, including International Oil and Gas companies, local African owned Oil and Gas companies, Oil and Gas service companies/EPC groups
- Prior experience in business development, sales and/or operations and a track record of achieving sales targets
- Proven track record of executing (completing) strategy development, market development, account management and competitor analysis plans.
- Able to understand and appreciate the challenges of diverse geographies and cultures
- Proven ability to operate in a matrix environment where there is a need to influence and persuade.
- An excellent presenter and verbal/written communicator
- Able to access and communicate effectively with Executive Level Officers of customer base.
- Excellent customer relationship and management skills
- Strong business leader, coach, and team player
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial spirit and can do attitude.
- Have the ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines
- High standard of business morals and ethics
- Highly committed to Aggreko and its products
- Courage and Conviction – the ability to create a sense of excitement about taking on new challenges and a belief in your capabilities to deliver results.
- Maintain and drive conviction of “circle of control”
- Relentless Preparation – preparing thoroughly for all important management decisions.
- Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Holding people accountable – the ability to give clear and unambiguous direction to individuals and teams about what they need to do in order to meet the organizations objectives.
- Building capability – developing individuals and groups in order to increase the capability of the whole organization.
- Compelling Communication – recognizing that clear communication is the key to understanding.
- Leading Others – the ability to create a compelling vision of the future and provide inspiration, clarity and direction.
Key Role Interactions
External Customers, Country Managers, Area General Manager, Sales Manager, Sales team
Direct Reports (if applicable)
Oil and Gas Business Development Manager or Key Account Managers
- This is a remote position.