Why Join Aggreko in Africa?
WE ARE AFRICA
WE HELP YOU BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN IMPOSSIBLE AND POSSIBLE
The potential for success can be found in every corner of this breath-taking continent. In Africa’s most unforgiving locations to the busiest cities, we provide power where there is none.
- We are lighting up streets in Africa’s remotest regions, consigning blackouts to the history books.
- We are paving the way for an Africa that changes the world in the most spectacular way.
- We are connecting communities, businesses and opportunities to give the perfect platform for our people to learn and thrive.
- Future generations will ensure Africa is at the forefront of innovation and growth of all kinds.
- We power the critical, keeping hearts beating. Our people are our heartbeat and we know what matters most to you.
We are making a massive difference
We are in this together
We are Africa
About the Aggreko Africa Graduate Programme
The programme seeks to identify and develop Aggreko’s future leaders in Africa. You will be given the tools to succeed, both at Aggreko and for the foundation of your whole career. We envisage the graduates from our 2022 intake leading our business through the challenges to unlock the opportunities of our future.
What Will it Be Like?
- The interview and selection process will run from November 2021 to February 2022.
- Roles will commence in March 2022.
- You will begin by meeting your 2022 Aggreko Graduate Programme cohort and Aggreko leaders for an orientation event, followed by a complete orientation programme.
- You will then begin a series of 6-month rotations, focused on all areas of the business, for a 2-year programme overall.
- You will receive continuous 360 feedback on your progress to power your development
- You will be competitively rewarded with an excellent salary.
- At the end of the programme you will be ready for a local or international role with Aggreko, and the next stage in your leadership journey.
Aggreko Graduate Programme roles are split into job families. You apply to a job family of related roles and we will discuss the right role for you specifically as the selection process progresses. Please do not apply for more than one family of job roles.
- Engineering Graduate (Location West and Central Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Cameroon)
“Positions in our Engineering department support the engineering and technical operations of the organisation. The focus may include a combination of product design engineering, applications engineering and project design engineering.
Position holders are responsible for the engineered solutions required by the organisation and its customers, incorporating product design engineering, application engineering and project design engineering. Involves various branches of the engineering profession, including electrical, mechanical and computer aided design.
- Prospecting for new and available technology,
- Designing (including new applications or enhancing product effectiveness),
- Preparing engineering standards,
- Defining work specifications,
- Testing of prototypes
- Providing technical and sales support.
- Monitor performance of current engineering technology within the country/region and recommend improvements.
- Plan and lead overall engineering activities to ensure optimal operations and plant productivity yet maintaining quality standards of products.
- Plan, direct and control the engineering activities within the country/region business unit level organisation to ensure operations meet quality and production objectives.
- Direct and control the engineering and technical operations in consultation with other managers and professionals to ensure that standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that time schedules are met.
- Plan engineering methods, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with senior manufacturing and research executives in the implementation of operating standards to achieve production plans and business objectives.
- Define and review plant maintenance policy to optimise efficiency and quality.
- Liaise with quality control staff to set quality standards for the efficient functioning of plant and equipment.
- Coordinate the activities of the engineering function and encourage the exchange of information, ideas and techniques in the various engineering fields.”
The recruitment process for these positions is being managed by Careers in Africa, part of Global Career Company.
To find out more and apply, visit www.careersinafrica.com/company/aggreko
The deadline for applications is January 12th 2021.