Purpose of the Job
Positions holders are responsible for managing or performing work across multiple areas of finance, including financial planning & analysis, financial control, accounting, tax, treasury, accounts payable/receivable, and credit & collections. Activities include financial transaction/data entry, financial data verification, financial records maintenance, and compiling/maintaining ad-hoc financial information.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and proper financial accounting with periodic checks, scrutiny and reconciliation of the general ledger, sub-ledgers, fixed asset register, balance sheet schedules and related records.
- Monitor and update actual product prices and stock revaluations, maintaining product price lists.
- Support business operations with information, analytics, balance sheets, forecasts and budgets.
- Resolve difficult issues.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement adequate internal control with regard to functions managed and drive overall process improvement.
- Review monthly Financial reporting and reviews summary aging reports on a monthly basis ensuring timely issue resolution.
- Reporting, analysis and communication of financial and operational data for decision-making and strategic planning along with ensuring data and system integrity.
Key Role Interactions
- External Customers
- Area Sales Manager
- Bid Managers
- Sector Lead
- Sales team
- Head of Mining