Purpose of the Job
To grow revenue and profits in South & Central Africa (SCA) at margins and returns agreed within our strategy and group procedures and policies. SCA Area includes but not limited to Angola, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), etc.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Execution of business strategies in SCA to deliver growth targets.
- Develop key customer relationships; grow the customer base and identify new channels to market.
- Prepare annual budgets for region, achievement of monthly revenue / profit budgets and forecasts.
- Drive the invoicing and collection of payments from customers within debtor day targets.
- Develop the organizational structures within SCA to deliver the agreed strategy. This includes the employment of functions, salespeople and site personnel to manage and run depots / premises and Projects efficiently to achieve customer satisfaction and financial results in line with the agreed targets.
- Achievement of utilisation, rate per kVA and MVA on hire targets in line with budgets and Plan.
- Responsible for all permanent premises and business in agreed geographic areas and adherence to all, Global Service Standards, QHSE and ISO 9001:2000 procedures at all locations.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations through sales, account management and service functions (as measured by Net Promoter Score).
- Develop territory, sector and product sales plans to deliver growth. This is likely to include plans for target geographic areas, the oil and gas, mining, utilities, events and selected industrial users and for power and temperature control products and solutions.
- Fleet planning, management and maintenance; ensuring procedures are adhered to and equipment is serviced in accordance with policies.
- Liaise with support functions as required to ensure alignment with policies and compliance with local legislation, including tax, marketing, HR, technical support, finance and legal.
- Relationships with Agents at all levels.
- Review all contracts with the Commercial department, ensure adherence to Risk Management Procedures set by plc for property, payments and people.
- Display a commitment to Always Orange Values and Behaviors.
- Talent/team building (recruitment/development/retention) – Champion the training, performance management and career development of employees and new recruits to prepare for future growth.
- Develop and protect the brand and create and deliver effective internal and external stakeholder relations and communications.
- Deployment of working practices and tools to drive effective business execution (cost, productivity, measures/process/review points etc.)
- Rigorous adherence to corporate ethics policies.
- Oversee internal audit and ensure target grades are achieved.
- There is a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.