Vision & Scope
The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission in “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” through supporting the development and operations of the Advisory & Capital Markets department.
Nature & Scope
The unit will earn advisory fees for providing specialist advisory services relating to the following:
- Capital raising for corporate and government agencies;
- Capital allocation across competing projects;
- Growth strategies including mergers and acquisitions;
- Corporate restructuring including divestitures, privatizations, disposals, and spin offs;
- Company valuations;
- Due diligence reviews;
- Reaching key stakeholders and disseminating information about the Bank;
- Preparation of investor pitches and project documents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing valuation and financial analyses to assist in decision making;
- Performing investment appraisal using various techniques and methodologies;
- Preparing and analyzing financial models and financial statements;
- Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s evaluation;
- Drafting teaser presentations and information memorandums for clients;
- Managing the evolution of the department’s pipeline;
- Evaluating scope of work, terms of reference and managing the selection process of consultants for the due diligence exercises;
- Attending Internal (PAC, CRECO, etc.) & external meetings on behalf of the department;
- Responsible for driving the department’s investor outreach and network;
- Liaising with relevant departments in communicating queries and obtaining feedback to clients;
- Any other duties assigned by the director of the department.