Vision & Purpose
The purpose of the role is to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a Centre of Excellence in African trade matters” through supporting the development and operations of the Advisory & Capital Markets department.
Nature & Scope
The unit will earn advisory fees for providing specialist advisory services relating to the following:
- Capital raising for corporate and government agencies.
- Capital allocation across competing projects.
- Growth strategies including mergers and acquisitions.
- Corporate restructuring including divestitures, privatizations, disposals, and spin offs.
- Company valuations.
- Due diligence reviews.
- Reaching key stakeholders and disseminating information about the Bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide close support to the Departmental Head in creating and maintaining strong relationships with African governments, financial institutions, and offshore investors; develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment banking opportunities in support of the Bank`s mandate.
- Provide technical input in all transactions which will enable African governments, financial institutions and large corporates to access international bond markets to raise medium to long-term funding.
- Market debt and equity product offerings to corporate, financial institutions and government clients.
- Daily responsibilities include leading bond/equity execution and marketing e.g., preparing market updates, conducting due diligence, internal/external project management, and client management.
- Establish a high degree of trust with clients during execution and grow rapport with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive.
- Provide analytical & modelling support, structuring ideas, financing agreement negotiation support, and oversee all aspects of transaction execution.
- Manage underwriters, rating agencies, issuer counsels, accountants, and trustee engagements.
- Prepare rating agency presentations and investor presentations.
- Partner with legal counsels to develop financing documents and transaction prospectus.
- Arrange institutional investor roadshows.
- Implement structures to assist various clients to raise funds through securitization structures.
- Participate in negotiations, use negotiation skills to overcome difficulties and finalize negotiations in capital market transactions.