Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Payments Processing will be responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the payments processing business unit, developing products, planning, leading & implementing business plans as well as to effectively manage the unit’s operations while ensuring a frictionless payments experience for customers to enable successful payment outcomes.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Define and develop the business plan for the payments processing business unit.
- Harness and develop innovations in digital payments experience, regardless of form factor and payment method.
- Manage, refine and optimise payment processing, own the product capabilities to enable seamless integration of processors and payment networks to our platform.
- Drive best practices and establish key performance indicators to support product and monitor product performance.
- Reinforce the business in the industry to highlight its thought leadership and develop a perspective on regional payment processing that positively and proactively differentiates it.
- Advise and collaborate with commercial team.
- Serve as an advisor on the payment landscape, providing resources to the commercial team and clients.
- Create, support and monitor special projects to increase the number of customers using the business’ payment solutions around the globe.
- Manage payment partnerships.
- Lead the negotiation and execution of Agreements with payment partners, in line with the group strategy.
- Manage relationships with strategic payment partners and vendors, including serving as the main point of contact, supporting onboarding of new customers and maintenance of existing customers to grow the partnership.
- Own the process of all required activities, such as building relationships with target Payment Providers, partners and aggregators.
- Stay informed of the latest innovations in the Payments and Know Your Customer space to evaluate potential new payments partners and technologies for a future role within our business.
- Be a part of an innovative environment and have a direct impact on the business growth of the company.
Core Accountabilities and Deliverables
- Drive sales and ensure the achievement of revenue targets and goals
- Implement and maintain sales processes designed to achieve specific sales objectives in the segment.
- Manage the commercial and sales team while being heavily involved in the motivation, drive and development of new talent within the segment.
- Analyse activities within the segments industry to develop the best and most effective business plans and establish realistic and meaningful KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
Key Technical Skills & Leadership Competencies
- Strong analytical, leadership, intellectual curiosity and partnering skills.
- Track record of making and executing decisions.
- Experience in indirectly managing senior leaders across the organisation.
- Relevant work experience and progressive experience in technology services, strategy and/ or related environment and operating at decision making levels.
- Successful track record of sourcing, executing and nurturing strategic partnerships technology.
- Ability to create, plan and implement strategies tailored to varying geographic and political contexts.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills and ability to distil complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking/presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, Proven ability to work well across multiple disciplines within the organisation.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills with great attention to detail.
- Proficiency and substantial experience with standard office productivity software and equipment; ability to read, process and synthesise printed materials on paper or standard computer screen.