The Director of Afrimoney will work closely with the group head of Afrimoney and Africell’s Angola CEO to develop the go-to-market and long-term strategic plan for Afrimoney Angola, while launching and managing the day-to-day operations of a growing business.
They will build and lead a growing team and work cross-functionally across the organization to develop and implement strategies toscale Afrimoney products. Initially, the core focus of the business will be establishing and rapidly scaling a modern mobile moneybusiness from scratch.
Thereafter, they will need to maintain growth in mobile money whilst simultaneously launching other complementary and adjacentmobile financial services offerings.
This is an entrepreneurial position for which the right candidate will be comfortable solving challenges and harnessing opportunities through a mix of creativity and analytical skills, be motivated by driving growth, and be enthusiastic about acting as a champion of Afrimoney Angola, both within the broader Africell organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Define the overall strategy and go-to-market plan for Afrimoney Angola utilising mobile money industry best-practices, while taking into consideration the unique market dynamics in Angola.
- Build and scale the mobile money business targeting all functional areas including distribution network, marketing, liquidity management, technology/platform, customer support, and administration.
- Create a structured, multi-year strategic plan to facilitate continued scale of Afrimoney Angola.
- Build and manage a cross-functional Afrimoney team to ensure efficient operations and sustained growth.
- Work closely with airtime distribution team and new Afrimoney distribution partners to develop, manage, and optimise the Afrimoney distribution network.
- Partner with internal teams (technology, marketing, airtime distribution, etc.) to ensure a coordinated effort to design andexecute on Afrimoney initiatives.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of running the mobile money business, managing multiple, simultaneous tasks andimmediate issues as they arise.
- Ensure a customer-centric approach to all activities, ensuring an endlessly improving value proposition to our customersand the highest levels of customer service.
- Maintain an innovative culture, continuously finding new ways to acquire/activate customers, improve customer value, and increase efficiencies.