The Group Head of Human Resources will be the custodian of the organisation’s culture, fostering a collegiate and supportive working environment facilitating teamwork and superior collective performance, resolving conflict when necessary. S/he will serve as an HR Business Partner working with senior managers to advance the goals of the organization from a human capital perspective, acting as a confidential advisor to the CEO and Executive Committee as required.
Under the supervision of the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Group Head of Human Resources will have overall responsibility for all people-related matters within the organisation, being accountable for the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources (HR) department as set out below.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Human Resources team within AGF Group.
- Responsible for oversight, training, career development, work planning and performance management of the HR team.
- Participate in consultation with host Countries on HR related matters.
- Keep track and analyse trends concerning compliance with established HR policies and advise department heads accordingly.
- Employee relations and diversity management due to diverse cultures and nationalities.
Policy and Procedures
- Develop, implement and monitor human resources policies, practices and procedures to meet the evolving needs of the Organization.
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules and make recommendations on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules.
- Advise the management on all aspects of human resources policies and procedures and provide proactive and innovative approaches to delivery of human resources services as well as to strategic and policy issues.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Identify recruitment needs and priorities, develop and implement recruitment strategies in conjunction with management.
- Monitor and ensure timely filling of posts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Review and provide advice to the department heads on shortlists and participate in interviews for high level posts as necessary.
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of appropriate conditions of service and entitlements. Identify needs and propose changes to conditions of service as required.
Benefits & Entitlements
- Ensure that staff are paid on time and manage all payroll related matters.
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of appropriate conditions of service and entitlements.
- Identify needs and propose changes to conditions of service as required.
- Oversee benefits and entitlements of staff and level of remuneration for consultants.
- Ensure that staff salaries remain competitive by advising management whenever need for review occurs as guided by the policies.
Staff Development & Talent Retention
- Support a performance-driven culture with a focus on our human capital – talent management, coaching and mentoring, business partnering to enable and motivate teams.
- Identify and analyse staff development and career support needs and promote staff development and career support programmes.
- Develop innovative means of encouraging staff development.
- Provide advice to individual and/or groups of staff on career progression.
- Manage talent, succession planning and knowledge management.
- Provide performance management advice to both staff and management.
- Assist the Heads of departments with the implementation of the performance appraisal system and provide advice on the handling of difficult and/or contentious cases with staff.
- Advise and counsel staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Monitor, advise and act on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies and procedures. Mediate conflict, grievance and harassment cases.
- Represent the Organization in negotiations with staff, staff representatives and at inter-agency bodies dealing with human resources questions when required.
- Monitor and manage staff travel; from request of travel to booking tickets and hotels.
- Act as Liaison Officer between the company and the government agents.
- Manage protocol and immigration matters for all staff (visas, work permits, entry passes etc).
- Monitor staff security and wellbeing in coordination with security agencies and authorities in countries of AGF operation.
- Prepare the HR budget and monitor its implementation in each country.
- Report to the board of directors on HR matters every quarter.