*****THIS ROLE HAS BEEN FILLED: APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED****
The position reports to the Director of Capital & Impact of Equator and is responsible for ESG, impact and compliance matters, including managing related reporting requirements to investors and regulators. The candidate will work with the investment teams to ensure that portfolio companies adhere to best corporate governance practices and that investees strive to continually deliver positive impact within their communities.
- Support the investment team in evaluating investment opportunities, especially with respect to ESG, KYC and AML matters, with direct review & approval of related DD (including by third party service providers).
- Support the team on ESG matters, including negotiating appropriate investment terms and agreements and then work with the investment team and portfolio companies to design appropriate ESG improvement plans.
- Ensure all investments comply with the related fund’s Investment Policies & Procedures and social mission, and that all portfolio companies comply with Equator’s ESG policies and its KYC and AML requirements.
- Distribute the Fund’s data-gathering templates to portfolio companies and manage their completion.
- Drive investee adherence to best corporate practices, including providing data for quarterly investor reports.
- Conduct regular KYC and semi-annual OFAC checks on the GP, its Funds and portfolio companies and coordinate ESG, AML, KYC and corporate governance training for investment teams and portfolio firms.
- Compile annual environmental management system reporting on investees and progress on ESG plans.
- Update the ESG Management System and oversee investee reporting on ESG, KYC and AML matters, and support periodic policy review and updates (e.g. KYC & AML, Code of Ethics, Risk Rating & Valuation).
- Completion of period financial and social reports for regulators, investors, trade & industry associations.
- Organise Technical Assistance, Investment & Advisory Committee meetings and act as recording secretary.
- Support the general and regulatory administration of the Nairobi office. For this responsibility, the office-holder will report to the Africa Managing Director/Head (currently the Chief Investment Officer).