Vision & Purpose
The purpose of the role is to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by assisting the Bank to advocate for fair and effective trade policies market access for African exporters and promote intra-African trade.
Nature & Scope
The successful candidate will assist and support the Senior Manager TPMA in:
- Conceptualizing, planning and implementing advocacy interventions under PAFTRAC.
- Deliberately Promote relationships with organized business across Africa.
- Promote relationships with key partners such as the AU, AfCFTA Secretariat, CoDA, SDGC etc.
- Develop programmes to ensure that trade and market access information is consistently gathered and disseminated to stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain partnerships with Member States; Regional Economic Communities; the AU, Africa’s private sector and international organizations to inform trade policy and policy reform at the national, regional, continental and global level and secure fair market access for African traders.
- Advocate for trade policy reforms that support greater extra and intra-African Trade.
- Organize and coordinate private sector engagement in trade and investment policy through PAFTRAC.
- Strengthen African private sector capacities to influence trade policies and participate more effectively in trade negotiations at the bilateral, regional and multilateral levels.
- Work to open up markets for African exporters and traders through trade and market access information and advocacy.
- Support the implementation of the AfCFTA and advocate for the inclusion of Bank initiatives under the AfCFTA (e.g. PAPSS, MANSA, Adjustment Facility).
- Develop and manage relationships with organised private sector focused on promoting Intra-African trade (e.g. Bilateral Business Councils, Pan-African Chamber of Commerce, Sub-Regional Business Councils).
- Create advocacy and communication tools to support the work of the Bank and PAFTRAC