The role is supposed to help the Bank achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by finding and developing opportunities for business development in project and export development finance across all member states and participating states.
The role of the position holder will be to participate in drawing up annual business development plans for export development transactions and to implement these plans with support from the Head of Export Development Finance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Originating and completing Export related projects across a spectrum of sectors in different countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Export Development;
- Structuring transactions/projects that support industrialization and export development, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of financing of projects in respect of our export development programme;
- Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of the Trade and Export markets by structuring and financing:
- Export manufacturing projects
- Agro-processing projects; and
- Service export projects.
- Developing, marketing and managing product programmes such as the CONMED, CONTOUR, AFRICOIN and Non-equity modes as a means of facilitating industrialization and export development;
- Design schemes and road-shows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities and promoting industrialization and export development;
- Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time;
- Supporting the Credit Assessment department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the Legal department during transaction documentation;
- In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, project finance intermediaries, project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.