Vision & Purpose
The purpose of the role is to help the Bank to achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by developing opportunities for trade facilitation and market access for intra African trade finance, projects and export development finance at the continental and regional level.
Afreximbank’s current Strategic Plan dubbed Impact 2021: Africa Transformed, is based on four strategic pillars namely: Intra-African Trade; Industrialization and Export Development; Trade Finance Leadership, Financial Soundness and Performance.
Nature & Scope
The successful candidate will:
- implement the specific Trade Facilitation interventions identified in the Intra-African Trade Strategy.
- engage with various stakeholders at the national, regional and continental level and develop partnerships to implement the key Trade Facilitation activities identified by the Bank.
- mobilize resources from partners to support the implementation of key Trade Facilitation activities identified by the Bank.
- ensure execution of activities in line with approved work plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist IATI to undertake the following:
- Preparation of an Annual Intra-African Trade Facilitation Work Plan and Budget, derived from the Intra-African Trade Strategy and the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval.
- Implement approved trade facilitation plans and strategies towards increasing intra-African trade.
- Develop linkages with international and regional trade facilitation and transport/logistics agencies to broaden advocacy on policy interventions.
- Provide technical and administrative oversight in the execution of studies, workshops, training and other activities related to the Bank’s Trade Facilitation activities.
- Initiating and actively securing mandates, MoUs and collaboration agreements for executing all initiatives aimed at easing intra-African trade flows.
- Managing important partnerships necessary for delivery of the Bank’s intra African trade strategic objectives.
- Carry out related research work with partner institutions to identify existing bottlenecks to intra-African trade and propose solutions as well as implementing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms that highlight required changes to existing facilitation mechanisms to enhance intra-African trade.