Vision & Process
The purpose of the role is to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters”. This will be achieved by assisting the Bank to organise Intra-African trade fairs (IATF) which will provide trade and market information to assist buyers and sellers to connect and trade with the ultimate objective of increasing Intra-African trade and transforming the continent.
Nature & Scope
The successful candidate is supposed to assist and support the Managing Director, Intra-African Trade Initiative (IATI) and Head of Unit in:
- Conceptualizing, planning and implementing the Intra-African Trade Fairs which includes but is not limited to of a Trade Show and exhibitions, Virtual Trade Fair, a Conference Programme, B2B and B2G Exchanges.
- Drawing up the framework and implementation procedures.
- Putting into place the tools and processes at operational level.
- Developing programmes to ensure that transactions and Partnerships consummated during the B2Bs are monitored for execution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing an annual Unit Work Plan and Budget for Management’s Approval.
- Preparing an annual Intra-African Trade Fair Work Plan and Budget for Management’s Approval.
- Planning, implementation, and delivery of the physical exhibition component of the trade fair.
- Ensure the marketing and promotion of the IATF brand and help create more visibility on digital platforms and during exhibitions and expos.
- Work with Host Country, Partners, trade fair Consultant, Organisers, local organising committees and other stakeholders to implement the IATF2021 Work Plan.
- Act as Secretariat for the various governance structures including organising and keeping proper minutes of the Internal Intra-African Trade Fair Committee and Sub-Committees.
- Identify important and strategic events (within and outside the African continent) and support the marketing of IATF at these events.
- Managing and maintaining a database of registered trade fair exhibitors, buyers, conference delegates and visitors, and tracking the sale of exhibition stands.
- Monitor the implementation of Work Plans with Roles and Responsibilities for all parties covering the key verticals of the trade fair.
- Coordinating administrative arrangements such as drafting IATF letters to stakeholders, sponsors, exhibitors, reports of events and meetings, etc.
- Support the activities of Advisory Council Committee towards the selection of the Host Country and subsequent engagements with a new Host country towards trade fair preparations.