The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by developing opportunities for business development in trade projects and export development finance at the regional level and providing leadership for various branch administrative matters as may be required in liaison with the Administrative Services department.
The position holder is supposed to participate in drawing up annual marketing and plans for the unit and overseeing the implementation of these plans for the achievement of the Bank’s objectives in these areas.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of an annual Marketing Plan for the unit, derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Implementing marketing plans and strategies for deepening and expanding various activities of intra-African trade as approved by the Bank;
- In liaison with the Client Relations teams, managing all intra-African trade customer relations, originating and on-boarding clients;
- Structuring all intra-African trade transactions involving structured trade, supply chain finance, financial institutions and corporate finance loans;
- Work with the Project finance product teams (limited recourse) to structure intra-African trade related-project finance loans;
- Work with the Advisory & Capital Markets team to structure intra-African Advisory and Capital Market transactions;
- Work with the Syndications Department for distributing large ticket intra-African trade deals;
- Work with the Guarantees and Specialised Finance to structure intra-African trade related transactions that required ECA support and for structuring specialized guarantee products
- Assist in the installation and mobilise for the wide spread use of the Bank’s intra-African mobile payment platform;
- Use the services of Treasury to find solutions for clients from a derivatives perspective to manage currency, interest rate, and price risks;
- As may be delegated by Senior Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known; and
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.