Vision & Purpose
The purpose of this role is to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters”. This will be achieved by the successful candidate supporting the Departmental Head in ensuring that the Bank promotes access to finance by African enterprises, development of industrial capacity in Africa as well as the deepening of the continent’s capital markets through the provision of advisory services.
Nature & Scope
The nature and scope of the job is to manage execution of capital market in furtherance of the Bank`s mandate. A key component of the job involves execution of activities which will result in linking African entities to international capital markets in order to raise financing for intra-African trade. The job also entails execution of capital structuring, optimization and allocation transactions as a way of strengthening African entities to enable them to play a meaningful role in Africa’s industrialization, which is a key component of the continent’s structural transformation agenda.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide close support to the Departmental Head in creating and maintaining strong relationships with African governments, financial institutions and corporates as well as capital markets investors to facilitate development of a strong pipeline of good quality investment banking opportunities in support of the Bank`s mandate.
- Provide technical input in all transactions which will enable African governments, public enterprises, financial institutions and large corporates to access international bond markets.
- Market debt and equity product offerings to corporate, financial institutions and government clients.
- Daily responsibilities include both leading bond and equity execution as well as marketing.
- Establish a high degree of trust with clients during execution and grow rapport with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive.
- Provide managerial, analytical & modeling support, structuring ideas, financing agreement negotiation support, and oversee all aspects of transaction execution.
- Manage underwriter, rating agency, issuer legal counsel, accountant, regulators and trustee engagements.
- Partner with legal counsel to develop financing documents and transaction prospectus.
- Arrange institutional investor roadshows.
- Advise African enterprises on tax efficient ways of returning cash to their shareholders.
- Implement structures to assist the Bank in mobilizing debt and equity.
- Prepare financial models and conduct related industry and market research and Adhoc financial forecasting, analyses and modeling to support the investment advice process of the Bank.