Vision & Purpose
The role is expected to support the Bank’s mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsiblefinancial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by planning, preparing and implementing institutional strategic communication and marketing programmes and by managing engagements designed to make the Bank better known by its various audiences so as to promote economic development in Africa, and to establish and maintain the Bank’s credibility and good reputation as Africa’s leading trade development institution. The role is also responsible for enabling the Bank to understand better how it is perceived both internally and externally.
Nature & Scope
Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and leading the activities of the Strategic Communications and Marketing Management unit. The Senior Manager will be responsible for two sub-units; Product Management, Marketing Support & delivery of the overall strategic measures of the department.
The job holder will also support the development and implementation of strategies and plans to support the Bank’s communication process with external and internal stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize and lead established day-to-day management of the Bank’s strategic communications, product and marketing management processes in line with agreed objectives, policies and procedures in line with the Bank’s strategic plans.
- Ensure the continuous application of required knowledge and skills and process improvements in the implementation of the Bank’s Communications Strategy and systems and providing leadership in proposing and implementing new ones as required. As part of this process, lead and have oversight responsibility for the product Management supporting the commercialization of innovation streams, marketing management in support of client relations at regional branch level, as well as marketing support to subsidiaries and special initiatives, and overall strategic communications in furtherance of the bank’s mission.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and a teamwork orientation by successfully leading all matters related to the communications, public relations and events management processes at all the Bank’s locations.
- Be a lead member of the Communications and events team, advising the Senior Management on all matters related to communications and events management.
- Lead the department’s team to ensure constant review of the Bank’s communication and branding strategies and ensuring that they are effective in promoting the Bank’s policies, programmes and interventions the leading financial development institution in Africa.
- Advise the Director of Communications and events on public relations, communications and event management issues within and outside the Bank.
- Coordinate Bank-wide communications across organisational units in all offices (HQ and Branch Offices), and for specific operational or knowledge projects, by providing general guidelines, and setting clear communication goals and key performance indicators, and ensuring the allocation of necessary human and financial resources to achieve the required objectives.
- Enhance knowledge and communications to key publics and specific groups in member countries (national authorities, business groups, the general public, etc.), planning, preparing and implementing information programmes to keep them informed of the Bank’s programmes and achievements.
- Prepare and implement communication programmes to mobilize public opinion to support the trade and economic development of Africa, and Bank activities in the area, through the publication of articles and speeches, dissemination of films, organization of exhibitions. Management of events, visits, debates, etc.
- Ensure the production and distribution of high quality and informative communications products like brochures, publications, press reviews, audio-visual and electronic documents for the media and the public to enhance the Bank’s image, and maintain good and close working relations with key media companies.
- Provide advice and assistance required for formulating Bank policies and plans on the design, implementation and dissemination of Bank information products and coordinate the publishing and distribution services for printed and electronic Bank publications.
- Implement the Bank’s information disclosure policy and ensure that information about the Bank reaches its various publics through appropriate channels.