1. Nature & scope
The role of the position holder will be to provide administrative/operational support to the Agency and Security Trustee Unit of the Bank’s syndicated lending activities. The job holder assists in the implementation of laid out policies and procedures for this function.
2. Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide support to the Unit with respect to account opening, set-up of agency systems and on-boarding of transactions once financial close is achieved.
2. Provide support to the Unit on borrowers’ requests including amendment, waivers, restructuring, events of defaults, prepayment etc. and the syndication processes.
3. Provide operations/administrative support for syndicated deals from Agency/Security Trustee perspectives including drawdowns, rollovers, prepayments, cancellations, rollover/rate fixing etc.
4. Immediately financial close is achieved, diarize the various information undertakings in the Facility Agreement for follow-up with the borrower.
5. Assist with following up with the borrower with respect to the compliance with the information undertakings in the Facility Agreement including receipt of the various documents – financials, budgets, operations report etc. according to the timelines, including uploading of same on debt domain and then advise to the syndicate of lenders.
6. Provide support with receipt of all security documents and that they are in accordance with agreed terms. Same properly filled, retrieved appropriately and returned to the borrower at the expiry of the facility.
7. Provide support in the preparation of portfolio reports including discrepancies and possible breaches.
8. Provide support on the maintenance and monitoring of the loan security and periodic reporting as required under the Bank’s policies.
9. Liaise with systems vendors to resolve issues.
10. Provide administrative and absence cover for the Assistant Manager – Agency & Security Trustee Unit.
11. Any other assignment that would be assigned by the Head of the Unit.
3. Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• At least, a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field from a recognized University or other disciplines relevant to the position
• At least, four years’ experience in the financial services industry. Working knowledge and experience in Agency & Security Trustee will be an added advantage
• Excellent communication, time management skills
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
• Strong Excel, Word, IT skills and ability to multitask