1. Nature & scope
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Director and the Managers in providing analytical input to the Bank’s strategic planning process, working with various cross-functional teams to assist in identifying and analysing evolving strategic priorities, providing support in setting up the strategic objectives and goals, identifying instruments for their attainment as well as monitoring and evaluation of chosen strategy.
The role also involves supporting and working closely with the Director and the managers in the development of methodology for monitoring the development impact of the Bank’s operations, periodic monitoring of such developmental impact and appropriate reporting.
The role holder will be expected to provide professional input to the budgeting process by assisting in the distilling of strategic goals into annual business plans, write and present in a clear and insightful manner, and champion multiple deliverables and deadlines simultaneously. The role places a premium on working collaboratively with cross functional teams, especially in origination, risk management and finance.
4. Duties and responsibilities
a) Provide analytical support in the development of the Bank’s long term strategic plan and annual business plan for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within the given time frame;
b) Assist in the monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the plans, and key strategic initiatives;
c) Support strategy evaluation and planning associated with new business initiatives and other strategic efforts;
d) Provide support in the roll out of Balanced Scorecard methodology across the Bank and update the Quick score Performance Information System;
e) Support the managers in the preparation of the Bank’s Annual, Half Year and End of Year reports;
f) Assist in the Strategy performance analysis reporting;
g) Provide first line of support on technical queries addressed to the departments;
h) Support the Director and the Managers with research, interpretation and communication of the results of the research;
i) Assist in the creation of customer satisfaction surveys for the Bank;
j) Participate in the development of a methodology for monitoring the development impact for the Bank’s operations and participating in the development of new products for the Bank in line with laid out strategic goals;
k) Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
2. Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields from a recognised University or other disciplines relevant to the position;
• Sound experience of at least 5 years of which 2 years were as a Strategy and Business Planning professional, preferably in the consulting or financial services industry;
• Strong analytical skills including financial modelling.
• Demonstrable organisational capabilities, including the ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals;
• Ability to multitask, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately;
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
• Ability to interact with senior officials of international agencies, multilaterals, banks, corporates and governments;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).