The role of the Audit Manager is primarily to lead the Company’s audit teams to deliver audit assignments with major clients both locally and in other countries within the region. The role adds value and improves client organizations’ operations by reviewing their financial processes, auditing their financial results and ensuring that all financial reporting meets the expected standards. The Audit Manager also brings a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance and compliance processes. The role holder must possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement and be of the highest standards of integrity. The role mainly focuses on analysis of financial processes and reporting of lapses in the same. The role also advises on process improvements.
The role is responsible for planning of annual audit assignments, leading teams in performing full audits at clients premises (including obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, etc.), and reporting to the senior management teams on findings and recommendations. The role also entails escalating to partners major issues arising from audit findings with clients and assisting in providing solutions and remedies for the same. It also entails carrying out risk management and assures financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations. As a leader in the organization, the Audit Manager also manages the development and performance of his teams and role models the values of the organization.
- Develop annual audit plans for client base.
- Allocate sufficient resources for the proper performance of the Audit Plan – Preparation of audit budgets and engagement time budgets to ensure optimal utilization of staff at each level and to meet set financial engagement time and cost targets.
- Agree the scope of all audit assignments after having a thorough understanding of the client business.
- Lead the execution of the audit assignments and keep a close monitor on the quality of the auditors work. Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Reports on risk assessments and supports in development of mitigation plans.
- Ensure that the client’s financial processes and applicable financial ratios and projections support the going concern assumption in preparation of financial statements .
- Report on the reliability and integrity of financial information; compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain a strong client focus, being responsive to client’s requests and developing / maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Coordinate and manage engagement teams, client and other stakeholders meetings
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding client sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Coaching and mentoring of the auditors in the respective teams and monitoring performance of the same.
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance Option) or Business Management (or other related fields eg. Economics, etc) from a recognized institution.
Masters in Business Administration (MBA added advantage)
- CPA (K) or ACCA Holder
- Registered member of ICPAK
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Level of Experience
Minimum 6 years of work experience in the same role.
- A good understanding of the Kenyan Taxation laws, and laws in other jurisdictions assigned.
- Sound knowledge of Sage (ERP) systems, MS office or applicable accounting software.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Audit Management skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Analytical Thinking
- Good Communication – written & oral
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing resources
- Problem Solving
- Strong interpersonal sensitivity
- Must be a team player – Hedonistic and ambitious, results oriented
- Must have attention to detail
- Strong report writing skills
- Must be of the highest integrity
- High confidence, bold.