The Automation Engineer reports to the Plant Engineer and is responsible for ensuring optimized equipment performance by maintaining / improving equipment and line controls. Drives innovation and improvement. Manages people and resources to ensure uncompromised safety, availability and quality while minimizing the impact on the environment.
- Ensures optimized equipment performance by maintaining / improving equipment and line controls
- Participates in organization – and executes annual overhaul of production lines.
- Improves reliability and efficiencies by ensuring optimal execution of maintenance tasks.
- Participates in developing business plans targeting productivity improvement and increased cost efficiency
- Contributes to preparation- and controls area of responsibility related maintenance budget ensuring sufficient funds to cover all routines and initiatives reflected in strategy & operational plans.
- Effectively applies business performance review (COBRA, EATB) management routine
- Optimises the availability of assets to operation
- Evaluates effectiveness of corrective actions using all available data
- Maintains effective systems to ensure CC Hellenic/TCCC products and package quality
- Prepares, presents and interprets Maintenance KBI’s, makes recommendations which result in increased productivity and efficiency; reduces cost and improves customer satisfaction
- Achievement of business targets by optimal use of labour and materials
- University degree in Electrical/Controls/Electronics/Automation Engineering required
- 4-5 years working experience in the field of Automation in Industry dealing with Siemens & Omron PLCs, Danfoss, Omron, Siemens variable fre drives VFDs, sensors, PLC programming skills and ability to effectively read and understand wiring plans plus PLC user programs and comments thereof.
- Experience in budgeting
- Experience in people management
- Experience in execution of projects such as: line commissioning, annual maintenance planning
- Basic Knowledge of a bottling organization: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety
- Operational planning expertise/experience
- Delegation skills
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins
This role is being recruited for at the Careers in Africa London Summit in July. Applicants will be required to attend the Summit.