1. Lead the development of the national goals and marketing strategies (JTBD).
- Uncover root issues and opportunities (at brand and category level) across the 6Ps via leading brand and category audits. (inc financial, share, consumer, equity, shopper analysis, review of previous strategies, ROI of previous initiatives and external/competitive reviews).
- Understand and build in learnings from: in depth retailer understanding (customer DNA), customer strategies and Unilever’s National Category Building Plans (NCBPs).
- Work with Category Director to influence Global / Regional Brand Strategy at an early stage (tell them what we need to win in our market place ).
- Integrate relevant Global/Regional (Brand Development) Brand Vision Plans (BVP) and 8Q rolling plans.
- Develop and gain agreement to annual targets.
- Develop crisp (clear, results orientated, insightful strategically aligned and prioritised) strategies (JTBD).
- Develop activity schedules cascading from the JTBD.
2. Lead the development and excellent execution of Activity Plans , on time, in full .
- Develop cost effective annual activity plans to execute the strategies and targets agreed.
- Lead execution of plan. Including but not exclusively: media planning, targeted marketing (e.g. DM, online, sampling programmes), PR, events, instore and sponsorship. Exploit campaign idea from the “Think Big Pack” with flair and creativity.
- Lead and project manage local roll-out of global / regional / local IPM projects.
- Develop and gain agreement to parts of Contracts (business case) & full Launch gates.
- Lead cross functional teams to ensure successful execution of launch plans and post-launch evaluation.
- Manage the brand budget to ensure spend is in line agreements.
- “Think Big” partners to Brand Development where relevant.
3. Align national brand and category plans . Amplify national plans with brilliant be-spoke customer plans
- Work with Category Manager to ensure that the brand and category/customer/instore activity plans are aligned.
- Work with the customer marketing managers to ensure that customer specific themes and strategies are aligned with and amplify national plans.
- Support customer marketing managers to develop bespoke co-marketing plans for relevant customers and shoppers as identified in the company planning process (Within this, be responsible for providing Brand Style Guidelines and pulsing plan presentations).
4. Constantly review brand and initiative performance for ongoing improvement .
- Provide the business with a quarterly point of view of business performance and indicated actions. Inc share and growth trends, key initiatives, competitive activity and return on marketing investment.
5. People Management and Development
- Set the direction for the local brand building team.
- Develop both their capabilities (SOL) and business/marketing skills through a combination of constant “on the job” and formal training sessions.
- Regularly review performance, agree work plans and review development plans.
- Seizing the Future
- Breakthrough Thinking
- Empowering Others
- Developing self and others
- Ideally a mix of brand building and brand development (building is essential).
- Monitoring progress and takes actions
- Builds local understanding – consumer, customer and shopper
- Managing launches and re-launches
- Communication Deployment (exploits campaign idea).
- Project Management
- Financial/business acumen.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.