Career Opportunity with L’Oreal – Business Unit Controller
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ensure the management of the Business (an entity that manages a sales revenue and operating result, e.g. OAP, Garnier Maybelline, Lancôme, Vichy, LP, etc.) in the context of the objectives defined by the Senior Management of the Division and the BU (Business Unit).
- Manage the processes associated with the Plan, Budget and Trends in his/her area of activity: assess the major objectives, analyze and arbitrate with members of the management committee, and report to Senior Management.
- Implement processes, Group systems and procedures to guarantee the coherence, relevance, and reliability of management information flows and financial flows in line with the Group’s Standards.
- Ensure that the procedures and good practices pertaining to Internal Control are applied and respected.
- Draw attention to his/her BU’s risks and opportunities and optimize solutions to his/her Management Committee.
- Supervise the drafting of monthly reports.
- Participate in developing his/her teams
- Managing accounting norms and internal controls
- Exhibits reporting controls & ensures compliance of transactions as it relates to the group accounting & mgt standards including GAAP/IFRS
- Defines and produces financial reporting across all businesses.
- Drives & educates processes to benchmark, reporting and establishes best practices
- Leverages knowledge and intuition around systems/data to provide insight into critical issues (SAP, Analyzer, Compass, Magnitude…)
- Calculates & interprets financial results.
- Anticipates and identifies opportunities, risks and solutions to close the gap.
- Sets objectives, goals & targets.Recommends changes in a strategic direction.
- • Applies costing methods to model and evaluate performance: PRI, cost benefit analysis, distribution, and knowledge of entire supply chain
- Develops budgets and financial forecasts (trends) in collaboration with business: P&L, overhead, balance sheet, and working capital
- Understands how these elements relate to achievement of overall business & financial targets
- Using the L’Oreal knowledge as well as market & financial expertise to understand, improve & challenge overall effectiveness of the business
- Using the L’Oreal knowledge, and market/financial expertise, to provide strategic recommendations contributing to the overall effectiveness
- Acts / leads with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to our “métier”
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Manages complexity