Discipline: Any of the disciplines comprising Production Technology and Operations Engineering
Line Manager: Technical Director
- 15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigerian and possibly international, covering both land, swamp and offshore experience.
- Track record in field development planning and delivery and asset operation and optimization, Well and Reservoir Management,
- Technical and operational innovator and entrepreneur, track record in finding solutions to increasing the recovery per dollar invested and operated.
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork,
- Fluency in written and spoken English language,
Roles and Specific Responsibilities:
- Drive and implement the optimum completion design in the wells, focused on maximum recovery from the well bore, both in daily production and reservoir recovery, with the lowest possible downtime
- Drive the recovery per well of the existing producing wells, ensure that the well and reservoir management processes are fit for purpose, documented and engrained in our own organization and in that of our partners, with particular focus on well uptime and increased recovery per reservoir,
- Develop Integrated Production System Models for existing producing assets and planned assets, from reservoir drainage points to point of sales, key focus areas are maximization of the crude, gas and gas liquids volumes measured and sold, within the technical limits of the reservoirs, wells and facilities, quantity and quality of gas liquids sources,
- Drive the implementation of fit for purpose tools and processes that facilitate maximum integration between the field operations and the office, from subsurface to point of sales.
- Drive the well surveillance and intervention plans, in alignment with the maintenance schedules and implementation of the field optimization of the Utorogu and Ughelli producing fields, oil, gas and condensate, including location preparation, well planning, drilling and hook-up to the production stations, with specific focus on HSE, Cost, Time and Recovery per well,
- Relentlessly drive Field Operations Optimization, always focused on minimum deferment, lowest cost, highest throughput!
- Ensure that the E-well book, is expanded to be a life asset reference document and is formally updated quarterly with the relevant historic dynamic and static data for the field, the wells, reservoirs, and gas plants, flow stations and related surface infrastructure,
- Work out guidelines and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international oilfield practices.
The incumbent will lead a small team comprising the petroleum engineering core skills, including well engineering and process engineering.
Ability to translate complex operational and development issues into simple solutions,
High level of independent thinking and reasoning, based on sound technical and commercial fundamentals.
Understanding and application of the key drivers of operations and reservoir management including production technology, well engineering, process engineering and production operations.
Ability to generate good quality technical reports
Ruthless bottom line focus, ability to translate and articulate technical operational solutions into the key business drivers, HSE, Cost and Production,
Fully understand and able to articulate how the company is making its money and how he and his department can drive the bottomline, short term, medium term and long term of the company.
Implement fit for purpose business processes, including efficient and effective translation of opportunity to project plan, and planned liquids and gas into the tank. With support processes fit for purpose but hard coded, including IAP, budget approvals, authority to execute, priority setting and staff allocation, time writing, maintaining personal log books and project handbooks.
Supervise and coordinate subordinates
Interact and work effectively with other professionals in group/project team and in other disciplines
Readily accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates
Ability and focus on driving own professional and career development (technical affiliations, SPE etc)
Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates
Key focus areas:
Direct experience in the following areas:
HSEMS implementation in the field and in the workflow,
Field Operations Management, Development Planning,
Generating innovative and imaginative development/operations solutions,
Integrated Activity Planning, IPSM, Cost optimisation/management
Well Completions (Including Intelligent Completions),
Production Surveillance and Operations,
Gas Lift design and Optimization,
Production System Planning, Operations and Optimization,
Well Testing, Execution, Design and Modelling,
Well Surveillance, Intervention, Planning and Production Optimization, by drainage point, by conduit, by reservoir, by cluster, by field,
Procurement Contracting Skills