The Deputy Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be expected to
MISSIONS / ACTIVITIES
- To assist the Company’s Operational Manager and the HSE Manager in the organization and management and of the HSE within the Angola activities.
- To organize and coordinate the HSE Performance Surveillance of Agencies / Projects and Subcontractors (if applicable) and evaluate their HSE.
- To assist in the rollout and implementation of companies HSE programs.
- To coordinate the Company’s day by day HSE activities in the absence of the HSE Manager.
- Create and deliver In-House HSE awareness sessions.
- To Coach and train other HSE personnel.
- To interface and coordinate activities with other HSE personnel.
- Be part of the Emergency Response Team.
- Bring to the attention of the Company’s Operational Manager and HSE Manager significant HSE deviations.
- Conduct HSE Inspections across the organization, as well as to prepare the report
- Participate in client’s HSE Inspections / Audits, as well as to follow up the close out of those.
- Participate in accident investigations as well as in the preparation of accident investigation reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the Monthly HSE Reports.
- Organize and participate in the elaboration of Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessments.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- HSE Education / Trainings
- Minimum of 7 years of solid experience in the Oil and Gas sector
- Minimum of 5 years of solid experience in HSE – Oil and Gas sector
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND APTITUDES
- Problem Solving Oriented
- Good Communication / Reporting Skills
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to lead a team of HSE Officers
- Spoken languages: Portuguese and English. French language desirable.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Able to prepare and deliver presentations
- Able to speak in public (Toolbox Meetings, presentations, etc)