The role holder will be reporting to the Head of Finance – Africa, but will also provide business partnering to the Africa MD and wider Africa Senior Leadership team.
- The FP&A Manager is responsible for the leadership of the management reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes for the region
- They will also provide decision support through financial analysis/modelling and the coordination of business improvement and operational turn-around programmes
- The FP&A Manager also plays a key role in supporting the Head of Finance and deputising for them when necessary.
- Manage the monthly financial reporting and forecasting process for the region, including analysis of results
- Lead the annual budget and 5 year planning processes for the region
- Support the Head of Finance in undertaking financial analysis and modelling – including evaluating new commercial opportunities
- Provide challenge to the regional AGMs on business performance matters
- Coordinate business improvement and operational turn-around programmes
- Support regional and in-country finance managers in training, systems and best practice
- Act as the key point of contact with the central team for questions and coordination
- Manage the monthly reporting and forecasting process across the region
- Work closely with the regional accounting teams
- Support the MD and Head of Finance in understanding in detail the performance of the regional business
- Be the key contact for queries during the month-end
- Ensure the generation and integrity of the standard monthly financial reports, including MBR pack
- Ensure all data are loaded by the regional teams and consolidated in the reporting system
- For Financial Accounting queries act as a conduit between the appropriate finance teams.
- Ensure interim and year-end additional external reporting requirements are completed.
- Lead the budget process across the region and be the main point of contact for queries.
- Develop the budget process timetable, as well as the budget presentation and other templates required .
- Support the MD and Head of Finance in interrogating the budget submissions , ensuring the targets set are both challenging and realistic
- Develop the consolidated Africa budget presentation and other reporting requirements
Financial analysis and modelling
- To support provide in making key business decisions by undertaking financial analysis or modelling
- Fully utilise the company’s systems to obtain financial and operating data in support of analysis undertaken
- Identify areas of business improvement through analysis, either as directed or under own initiative
- Test business decisions, plans and forecasts through undertaking sensitivity analysis
- Support ad hoc projects as required, including the evaluation and modelling of commercial proposals
Coordinaiton of business improvement programmes
- Led the implementation of business improvement programmes across the region.
- Implement structures and frameworks that will allow the effective management of such programmes across the region.
- Coordinate and support non-finance participants (e.g. operations, HR, engineering) in business improvement programmes.
- Professional accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant or equivalent) – 10 years minimum experience
- Post qualification experience in industry preferable
- Experience of working with an ERP and with BI tools
- Fluent in English. French and/or Portuguese language skills would be a plus
- Management accounting and financial reporting experience
- Prior consolidation and reporting systems experience
- Analytical thinker and solution driven approach. Ability to analyse and question the numbers when appropriate Good presentation skills, with the ability to write clear and concise reports and other commentaries
- Good communication skills, including the ability to challenge in a firm but tactful manner
- Good interpersonal skills; able to build strong relationships across the organisation, particularly with colleagues in different locations
- Good spreadsheet modelling and analysis skills
- Able to develop an excellent understanding of business and key drivers
- An attitude for continuous improvement and desire to challenge the status quo.