“The Louis Dreyfus Company’s business in Egypt is expanding and developing, and the Group is searching for talented Graduate Trainees to support its growth plans and ambitions.”
As a Graduate Trainee, the nature of job includes various Engineering tasks within the ambit of work of the EMEA Industrial Function and includes but not limited to surveys, investigations, planning, design, construction and operation of industrial projects. Reporting to Project Manager, the Graduate Trainee will perform a variety of entry level engineering activities including preparing, updating and maintaining technical information and developing and maintaining support tools for Ongoing Industrial Activities.
Other key ares of responsibilities but not limited to:
- Assist in conducting preliminary studies of engineering projects and help prepare plans for improvements such as assets optimisation or consumption reduction.
- Write technical specification drafts, request proposals and technical information from third party suppliers and vendors and evaluate and compare such proposals.
- Assist and supervise the report of the Assets Optimisation Program (KPI reporting, Improvement Plans) Supervise, coordinate and perform professional engineering work during the construction of industrial projects.
- Review plans, maps, specifications, cost estimates and other work to ensure accuracy, presentation and conformance with established engineering practices.
- Perform field inspections of construction projects, survey work and calculations.
- Tabulate field data, design improvement plans, specifications, contracts, and other documents Assist in preparation of long-term capital improvement programs and budgets.
- Work with the Project Manager to prepare written reports for internal use and/or presentation to Region, Boards or Steering committee
The Successful Applicant
- Holds a Degree or Diploma in Civil /Mechanical /Industrial in Engineering from a recognised university or institution.
- A maximum of 2 years of commercial work experience in engineering Possesses a strong knowledge of relevant principles and practices in the engineering field.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications Ability to perform engineering design computations, check engineering plans and studies.
- Able to perform a variety of mathematical/engineering computations.
- Bi-lingual capability in both English and Arabic being able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel for occasional field work within the region.
- Possesses authorisation to work in Egypt with no visa restrictions on travel in the Middle East and Africa.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint