Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
Currently, they are a seeking a Head of Marketing & Communication to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of Role
Develop and implement-marketing and communication strategies so as to enable the Bank to remain competitive in the industry by meeting the needs of its stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Over all in charge for executing the bank’s marketing roles and all matters falling under the function.
- Develop, update and enforce the marketing policy and guidelines.
- Coordinate and mobilize the marketing resources.
- Responsible for conducting marketing research and intelligence activities.
- Conducting promotions and advertisement activities.
- Representing the bank in different workshops, forums, etc.
- Conducting marketing research & intelligence activities, developing products and pricing.
- Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts.
- Managing media and marketing staff and external PR agencies.
- Develop, update and enforce the communication policy and guidelines.
- Ensure increase in media coverage for Exim Bank to levels higher than the bank’s major competitors.
- Leverage internal communication as an effective tool to boost stakeholders understanding of the bank and its strategies and goals.
- Train staff and managers on press communication skills and protocols.
- Work with other departments e.g. HR (staff day, etc) on events with media interest.
- Manage the appointed media PR agents in terms of quality and timey deliverables.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the bank’s CSR initiatives.
- Overall marketing and brand strategy and execution of plans for the existing products.
- Working with product development teams to manage new product development.
- Managing launch campaigns for new products.
- Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- University Degree/Advance Diploma majoring in Marketing/Communication or its equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years’ working experience in marketing of which 3 years must be in the banking industry
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective marketing and communication plans with tangible ROI results
- Good communication skills
- Track record in improving brand image with appropriate use of PR strategies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail