Our client is a manufacturer of highly nutritious quality fortified foods. Their nutrition products are intended to address malnutrition among vulnerable population segments. They are working towards providing quality fortified complementary foods which are affordable and easily available.
Their mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available. In as much as they are a commercial, for profit organization, they also strive to have the maximum social, economic and environmental impact possible on the communities in which they operate. In this respect, they have strong working relationships with Government of Rwanda and reputable NGO’s.
We are looking for a self-results-driven and enthusiastic self-starter Head of Sales to develop a Sales strategy that will actively grow the sales volumes in both established markets and new markets across East Africa region.
Key Areas of Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Implement a sales & distribution plan for AIF products across East African markets
- Drive and grow Sales volumes as per the Sales plan of all AIF product ranges
- Build new client relationships across EA region
- Negotiate sales contracts
- Develop and present effective proposals to all stakeholders
- Attend local trade shows & exhibitions – working with the Marketing team on new product launches and variety of other market communications initiatives
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts
- Present, promote and sell AIF products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
The Successful Applicant Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or any relevant field
- Discipline related knowledge and experience
- A Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales of FMCG Products in East Africa
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales growth through creative distribution partnerships,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preference working successfully within an international organization
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Strong Leadership and people skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills