Company Name: National Microfinance Bank
Report to：Chief Wholesale Banking
Location：Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
National Microfinance Bank Plc (NMB) is one of the largest commercial banks in Tanzania, providing banking services to individuals, small to medium sized corporate clients, as well as large businesses.
It was established under the National Microfinance Bank Limited Incorporation Act of 1997, following the break-up of the old National Bank of Commerce, by an Act of parliament .Three new entities were created at the time, namely: NBC Holding Limited, National Bank of Commerce (1997) Limited and National Microfinance Bank Limited.
- Transactional Banking department which is vested with creation and sales of transactional related solutions to wholesale banking customers, incl.
- Government, Corporate, Institutional, Agribusiness, SMEs in the areas of Trade Finance, Cash Management, Electronic Banking, Product development and Transactional Services
- Degree in Business management, preferably finance or economics, Certified professional banker.
- Not less than 10 years, 7 of which must be at managerial level
- A comprehensive understanding of banking market, practical knowledge of Trade finance, cash management, operations, branch operations, credit skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a team of specialists on transactional banking offerings.
- Participate on any transactional related offerings, including trade finance, lending decisions, ALCO, technology related offerings, service improvements, marketing of solutions.
- Decide on pricing strategy for segments, individual customers
- Give necessary notices to government/regulators and public of product changes
- Liaise with Operations Centres, regularly reviewing all operational standards for product profitability, and identifying skills gaps
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer complaints.
- Liaise with People Development and Sales Management functions to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies.
- Participate in promotion of banking products, design of selling programs, and actually participate on sells
- Manage a team that is creative and go with the top norch of the market on the transactional solutions. Achieve a 50%-50% split between Interest income and non-interest income.