The Human Resources Manager will lead, manage, improve and develop the Human Resources organization in the area. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, Eastern Hemisphere they will work closely with the Director of Operations and the Shared Service Team.
- Work closely with the business leaders within the area – as well as globally – to develop and apply the right strategic thinking so they can better plan and implement processes that support the company according to its requirements
- Work closely with the Eastern Hemisphere HR Director to improve and develop the standard of the HR function across the area and ensure it meets the Seadrill standard
- Ensure that all HR processes are managed effectively and efficiently, and strive for continuous improvement
- Identify processes and system requirements and/or enhancements needed to support the successful design, development and implementation of HR plans, programs and tools
- Develop the HR organization so that it is equipped and qualified to achieve the needs, expectations and objectives of the business
- Establish an HR organization that engages/collaborates with centres of excellence in supporting the business and establishes quantifiable performance metrics that are tied to driving business results.
- Work closely with the management team to provide HR support and ensure comprehensive HR strategies are being effectively implemented
- Work closely with the Eastern Hemisphere HR Director and the Director Operations to anticipate any macro-economic issues that could affect the business across the span of countries they operate in
- Oversee the negotiations with the local Labor Unions to ensure alignment with company goals
The skill, experience and personality elements.
- Master’s Degree or bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, business administration or a related field
- Experience min 7 years of Human Resources preferably in the Oil and Gas drilling industry or from a multi-national, matrix fast-paced organization
- Strong Labor Union relations, HR business partnering experience
- Must be able to handle cultural challenges, thinking globally and acting internationally
- Strong analytical, communication, people management, interpersonal and influencing skills; proven ability to build strong business relationships, foster stakeholder engagement, create new partnerships and drive a culture of collaboration and performance
- Exceptional leadership and management skills • Experience with collaborating and handling remote teams
- Target driven and results focused individual, pragmatic, hands-on and used to give valuable feedback and input.
- Fluency in English – excellent communication and presentation skills both written and spoken
- Strategic/analytical thinker
- Result oriented
- Resilience – remains calm and deliberate under conditions of stress, exercised in handling ambiguity