1. Nature & scope
The role of the position holder will be to develop, implement, manage, support, and administer all the bank’s software applications in line with business Service Level Agreements (SLA). These software applications currently include SAP ERP, SWIFT System, Quantum Treasury System, Ambit Capital Management System, Focus Market Risk System, Optimist Credit Management System, Operational Risk System, Salesforce Salescloud, Quickscore Performance Management System and the website. The responsibilities of the role also include developing management information reports and managing SLAs with application service providers
2. Duties and responsibilities
a) Develop, implement, manage and support all the Bank’s software applications including SAP ERP systems, SWIFT system and any other application integration as may be required for the efficient running of the business.
b) Investigate, evaluate and recommend purchases of new tools and applications to address user needs.
c) Plan and manage any new tool and application deployment.
d) Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed on the network
e) Draft and Implement the ICT Disaster Recovery Plan in collaboration with the IT team. Ensure that critical applications, tools and data are available on the disaster recovery site at any time required.
f) Document any necessary procedure related to software applications for reference.
g) Anticipates software application problems and implement preventive measures.
h) Investigate and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize software application availability
i) Develop management information reports and dashboard using business objects, crystal report and other applicable tools.
j) Design and manage data warehouse applications and tools
k) Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with application service providers
l) Actively manage the timely resolution of outstanding defects or issues impacting the business
m) Support the preparation of key presentations, strategy documentation and other documents
n) Handles request on application development for new and existing applications
o) Participate in software selection process
p) Investigate user problems, identify root cause, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
q) Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
3. Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University, a Master’s degree in a relevant field or a recognized professional qualification in lieu.
• Minimum of 8 years experience as enterprise application support & solution development manager in a modern international ICT environment.
• Implementation and management experience of ERP Software (SAP and Oracle) very desirable.
• Demonstrated expertise in managing banking application support processes including application defect management
• Demonstrated expertise in Solution architecture and system development life cycle
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Working knowledge of system testing
• Ability to develop customized software applications from functional specification
• Knowledge of Agile development framework
• Demonstrated experience in software application selection and implementation
• Demonstrated experience in managing service level agreement with application service providers
• Knowledge of business reporting tools such as business object, crystal report and reporting writing
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage
• Willingness to travel and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives;