Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base. It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Manager – Projects to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Head of Operations & Technology
Purpose of Role
Leading the Project Team for work execution and project coordination (Internal / External team).
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Professional leadership of project team at site (all disciplines) to ensure timely completion of projects within budget and acceptable quality
- Timely coordination with consultants/contractors/other project stake holder’s including internal team and getting required details/drawings timely.
- Ensure civil, Mechanical (including air conditioning), Electrical, Plumbing (MEP), other work are being executed at site in coordinated way.
- Certification of bills, extra items if any and taking approvals.
- Ensure contract implementation, administration incl. ensuring contractors fulfills contractual obligations.
- Implementation of project schedule, meeting with the contractor s/ site team etc. for work planning / execution as per planned schedule, making make up plans, etc.
- Preparing meeting agenda and Minutes of Meeting and timely circulation of same.
- Preparation of project progress reports (weekly, fortnightly, and monthly) as per agreed formality.
- Proactive action against long lead items / anticipated delay so that project is on schedule.
- Ensure proper site administration.
- Update Management regularly by sending the progress/ status report, as per prescribed format & frequency.
- Motivation, discipline & providing professional/technical guidance to the team.
- Setting work package tolerances
- Decide whether an issue qualifies to raise an issue and exception report
- Decide who in a project team best suits a specific responsibility.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Registered and Certified Prince2 Practitioner, MBA graduate.
- Knowledge of Project matters
- A minimum of 8 years of working in projects and effectively managing project timelines
- Experience of handling Interior Fit out projects for commercial premises.
- Experience of coordination of services (MEP) work.
- Strong analytical skills with meticulous attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player