The jobholder leads a team of unit leaders to ensure that all television brands and teams get the necessary support and resources to provide the group with up to date market intelligence and research information to facilitate sound business decision making and planning to meet business objectives.
- Lead and develop broadcasting strategies (Television & Radio) to position the group as the leading broadcasting media house;
- Ensuring optimum performance in commercial, programming, in-house productions and news content generation;
- Promoting innovation in programming, content, look and feel of the stations and exploring newer dimensions to attract clients and viewership;
- Building constructive relationships and continuous management of stake-holder relations;
- Ensuring that the work culture and working environment in broadcasting division is conducive to optimise employee productivity;
- Identification of business enhancement projects and initiatives to grow revenue streams;
- Using and capitalising on research and market trends analysis for business improvement;
- Reviewing and approving content, supplier contracts while ensuring operational cost effectiveness.
- Managing, developing and retaining creative talent for business sustainability.
Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Master’s degree in business management with focus in strategy, business research and development; Experience: At least 10 years’ experience in business development, preferably in media. Experience in digital broadcasting will be a key requirement for the role. Demonstrated leadership skills, proven record in strategy development and execution.
Skills: Demonstrable record of passion and energy for results with a strong commercial acumen; Strong communication and presentation skills; Excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
Talent and performance
- To assign and review work progress
- To obtain market data and intelligence for decision making Financial: * Revenue generation vs targets
- Cost management
- To prepare and control the broadcasting budgets Job Complexity The jobholder is wholly accountable to the Group CEO for the decisions taken in broadcasting as a business unit within East Africa.
- Board Directors
- Board Committees
- Divisional Directors for liaison and support
- Advertising Agencies and other direct advertisers
- Content suppliers and producers
- Media partners
- Communications Authority of Kenya
- Government Regulators.
- Consumers and other stakeholders