Reporting to: Retail Bank Head Responsible for: Marketing Officers
Department: Marketing Region: Dar Es Salaam
Purpose of Job
The purpose of the role is to own the brand of “EXIM Bank”, develop marketing strategies in line with bank’s vision, liaise with advertising agencies and vendors, coordinate social media and networking activities of the Bank and provide guidance and coordinate launch of new or existing products and services.
- Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights.
- Overall marketing strategy and execution of plans for the existing products.
- Working with product development teams to manage new product development.
- Managing launch campaigns for new products.
- Managing distribution channels for products.
- Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising.
- Managing media and marketing staff and external PR agencies.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts.
- Manage resources effectively and within budget.
- Collaboration with management & Head-Retail
- Managing the Marketing team
Interaction with Others
- Internal: Regular contact with Corporate staff and Branch staff
- External: Frequent contact with the media and various vendors
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience as Marketing manager of large/mid-sized company preferably in a bank or in a business to consumer (B 2 C) sector like FMCG, Telecom etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or a related field required or Masters in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Effective communication skills
- Hardworking and flexible individual
- Good team player
- Coordination skills
- Experience in managing external PR and communication
- Carry out work in accordance with the banks procedures
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank