Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Marketing Manager to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Communication
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to own the brand of “EXIM Bank”, develop marketing strategies in line with bank’s vision, liaise with advertising agencies and vendors, coordinate social media and networking activities of the Bank and provide guidance and coordinate launch of new or existing products and services.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights.
- Overall marketing strategy and execution of plans for the existing products.
- Working with product development teams to manage new product development.
- Managing launch campaigns for new products.
- Managing distribution channels for products.
- Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising.
- Managing media and marketing staff and external PR agencies.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts.
- Manage resources effectively and within budget.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field with Masters in Business or Marketing preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience as a Marketing Manager of a large/mid-sized company preferably in a bank or in a business to consumer (B 2 C) sector like FMCG, Telecom etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Good team player
- Coordination skills
- Experience in managing external PR and communication