• Medical Doctor
• Experience/qualification in infectious disease or internal medicine
• Experience/qualification in the field of HIV/AIDS is desirable
• Strong network within the infectious disease community
• Strong ability to apply and leverage scientific and medical knowledge is essential
• Sound negotiation, influencing and leadership skills
• To add deep therapeutic area expertise to the medical team, and to be able to transfer knowledge within the organisation and externally.
• To provide input into, and to support execution of, the commercial and medical strategies.
• To lead external scientific engagement, advocacy and medical education activities.
• To understand the local patient-population demography, dynamics and healthcare needs and to use this knowledge to inform strategy development.
• To provide medical training to GSK teams working in the area of HIV or ID.
• Support the implementation of the Product Portfolio Clinical Trials program or Investigator Sponsored Studies Pharmacovigilance and Medical Affairs activities.
• To support and ensure strong Medical Governance and Pharmacovigilance.
• Will be expected to travel.
• Identify External Experts (EEs), develop/ design a plan to proactively engage EEs, visit and maintain a group of selected EEs and study groups for strategic discussions and support to HIV/ID initiatives.
• Scientific Speaker at GSK/ViiV-sponsored programs for healthcare professionals.
• Provide support and resources for external meetings, including or attendance to key relevant congresses or as a presenter to Pharmacy & Therapeutics or formulary committees.
• Organize, facilitate and present at GSK/ViiV-sponsored Advisory Boards.
• Assists in site selection/protocol development/data analysis interpretation of local ISS.
• Brand/disease specific parts of local Medical Affairs Plan
• Local medical and scientific materials and programs
• KOL relationship management plan
• Medical sections of local brand plans
• Local publication plans and publications
• Protocols and other study documents for local Global and CRT studies
• Franchise medical affairs results according to goals and metrics
• Accountable to GSK Medical Director/Head of Medical
• Works closely with the Area lead for HIV and/or ID
• Ability to work in matrix teams
• Ability to have good relationship with key customers, KOLs, KDMs
• Capacity to think strategically
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Business acumen