• Medical Doctor or suitable Life Sciences degree
• Experience/qualification in infectious disease or internal medicine
• Experience/qualification in the field of HIV/AIDS is desirable
• Strong network within the local infectious disease community
• Strong ability to apply and leverage scientific and medical knowledge is essential
• Sound negotiation, influencing and leadership skills
The Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) exists to provide non-promotional, medical and scientific support across a defined geography, facilitating scientific exchange both internally and externally.
INTERNAL (30% of time)
• To align closely and work collaboratively with Medical team to develop and execute Medical Plans
• To deeply understand the local patient-population demography, dynamics and healthcare needs and to use this knowledge to inform strategy development.
• To add therapeutic area expertise to the medical team, and to be able to transfer knowledge within the organisation and externally.
• To support execution of, the commercial and medical strategies.
• To support external scientific engagement, advocacy and medical education activities.
• To provide medical training to GSK teams working in the area of HIV or ID.
• Support the implementation of the Product Portfolio Clinical Trials program or Investigator Sponsored Studies Pharmacovigilance and Medical Affairs activities.
• To support and ensure strong Medical Governance and Pharmacovigilance.
• Will be expected to travel.
EXTERNAL (70% of time)
• Identify and foster professional relationships with HCPs/External Experts (EEs), professional associations and other key stakeholders, develop/ design a plan to proactively engage EEs, visit and maintain a group of selected EEs and study groups to support HIV/ID initiatives.
• Scientific Speaker at GSK/ViiV-sponsored programs, including for pro-active on-label group presentations as the GSK expert
• Provide support and resources for external meetings, including or attendance to key relevant congresses or as a presenter to Pharmacy & Therapeutics or formulary committees.
• Respond to unsolicited inquiries for medical information from health care professionals in line with WISDOM.
• Support GSK/ViiV-sponsored Advisory Boards.
• Assists in site selection/protocol development/data analysis interpretation of local ISS.
• Brand/disease specific parts of local Medical Affairs Plan
• Local medical and scientific materials and programs
• External expert relationship management plan
• Support medical sections of local brand plans
• Support local publication plans and publications
• Support clinical operations in development of protocols and other study documents for local Global and CRT studies
Franchise medical affairs results accordin
• Accountable to GSK Medical Director/Head of Medical
• Works closely with the Area lead and Medical Advisor for HIV and/or ID